Thursday 10 March 2011

A Real Fairytale Ending!

Yet another blog posting....Just when you'd thought it was all over!

I can confirm that I'm now safely back in the UK...with personal plans engineered to precision....so that Louise ("the wife"!) was packed off to a property conference in the south of France two days after I arrived back!

But there was one very important and final matter to attend to......

Many individuals had kindly donated some money before I headed off on this adventure....and I would like to thank all concerned for their generosity.

Towards the end of my assignment, I tasked the Director at Comboni with making a proposal as to how best to use these donations.

Of a number of ideas, the one I choose involved the building of two new houses for child-headed families.

Whilst the pictures below might suggest very small and cramped accommodation conditions, these houses definiteley will provide a significant improvement in the lives of the twelve children who will be living there.


With your support, I feel very proud that we have been able to make a real difference to the lives of these children who seem to have suffered so much in such a relatively short time. Maybe, this will go some way towards recouping some of that valuable period of childhood we all take for granted.

My description of this contribution as a "Fairytale Ending" was only made perfectly complete when I found out who would be co-ordinating the building project...

The young lady working for Comboni is no other than Cinderella! ....Honestly, that is her real name!

The Comboni Project Co-ordinator - Cinderella! (I kid you not!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment