Friday 4 March 2011

I Must be Turning into Tony Blair!


For those who know me, I normally come across as a quiet, unassuming kind of guy – and tend to shy away from becoming the centre of attraction (Some hopes of that as an accountant!)

Yet, I recently seem to have undergone a complete transformation……..


Just like our Tony in his latter years of office, I seem to have become obsessed by leaving a “legacy”! On finalising my report to Comboni, I repeatedly asked the question “What would I be leaving behind at the charity?”.

This was based on the philosophy of:


 “Give a man a fish, and he will feed his family for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will feed his family for a lifetime”

Comboni - Building for the Future.

From the feedback received, I am convinced that I have managed to achieve this to some degree, which is a very good feeling.


However, little was I prepared for the Official recognition of my services………….

Casting any political allegiances aside for one moment, what an honour it was be personally thanked by no other than the long-standing President of Uganda himself!


Exclusive! AfID Volunteer Congratulated by President Museveni


No comments:

Post a Comment